Home Forums cafe Welcome to the RE:ONLINE Cafe

This topic contains 102 replies, has 51 voices, and was last updated by  GRowlands 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    elizabethmccaul1955
    elizabethmccaul1955
    Participant

Crikey Joanna – how quick were you! Thankyou so much that was exactly what I was looking for.  Are you at the Wakefield leadership weekend next weekend by any chance? It would be nice to say thanks face to face.

Joanna Grace
    Joanna Grace

I’m so glad I could help, it’s really nice to know people are using the suggestions they find on here.

Sadly I won’t be at Wakefield (I’m not in the country!) but I am at a lot of places in October, so perhaps we’ll bump into each other somewhere then.

Chris Giles
    Chris Giles
    Participant

Hi,

I have just joined the forum and am really looking forward to the RE conference this weekend to network and share ideas. Anyone else sharing ideas on the TeachMeet seminar?  Some innovative and really creative ideas on this website. Thank you!

Joanna Grace
    Joanna Grace

Hello Chris,

I hope you enjoy visiting our cafe. You’re welcome to start a discussion thread on TeachMeets, their a relatively new innovation in teaching and I’m sure other cafe guests would be interested to hear about them.

favour
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Just joined and so pleased about this forum.  Will up load my picture soon.
    Linda.

George Casley
    George Casley

Great to see people joining the cafe conversations and using it to network and support learning. We are always open to new suggestions as to how we can support outstanding RE.

JessyT91
    JessyT91
    Participant

Hello everybody! Lovely to meet you all, I’m a graduate in the course Religion, Philosophy and Ethics and have just joined TrueTube, as the new marketing and research assistant. TrueTube produces free resources for R.E and PSHE teachers https://www.truetube.co.uk/ feel free to register! A big part of my job is visit schools and PGCE students at universities across the UK to present what we do and make sure we’re up to date with what teachers want and need. I’ve just started visiting, and am finding it really inspiring so far. If you would like me to visit your school or university this year, or would just like to talk about what we do, please feel free to contact me through email: jessica.toogood@truetube.co.uk

Joanna Grace
    Joanna Grace

Hello Jessica, welcome to the cafe. Have you put the links to your resources in the resources thread?

JessyT91
    JessyT91
    Participant

I have put a link about our resources on multiculturalism, but here is the link to the main site 🙂

https://www.truetube.co.uk/

taher1210
    Participant

Hello

taher1210
    Participant

Hello,

I just wanted to know if anyone can help me discuss the concept of the Gurus for Sikhs?

By the way Im new to this.

Please help.

Thanks

Thaher

iharris
    iharris

Hi Thaher, welcome to RE:online! You may well have looked already, but there are several videos on the gurus on TrueTube:

https://www.truetube.co.uk/search/all?subject=All&keystage=All&topic=All&search=guru

There are also a few resources on the TES website, e.g.:

http://www.tes.co.uk/ResourceDetail.aspx?storyCode=3006393

But it is all information, rather than discussion tasks. Depending upon the age group, maybe tasks could include discussing the importance of religious leaders/sacred texts for different communities? The links between the 9 gurus and the Guru Granth Sahib? Ways the GGS is treated, and how this reflects beliefs about the message of the Gurus?

Good luck!

-Ian

Anne Krisman
    Anne Krisman

I did some interesting work with my pupils (special school), exploring their own qualities and then looking at the distinctive qualities and teachings of each of the gurus, making connections between the children’s strengths and those of the gurus.

andielou
    Participant

Hello! I have just joined and it is  the first time I have ever taken part in anything like this.   Thank you to Culham St Gabriel’s Teach RE course for introducing me.  I have just taken over some of the RE teaching in my school and must admit I have found it difficult to find resources and to know where I am going!    I can already see that RE online is going to be an amazing resource and something that needs to be shared.

Nora_Leonard
    Nora_Leonard
    Participant

@Thaher, I’ve just noticed your post. One thing that many people don’t know about Sikhs is that there is a branch, the Namdhari Sikhs, who believed that the line of human gurus did not stop with Guru Gobind Singh. They have a human guru even today, Satguru Jagjit Singh ji. This is in contrast to mainstream Sikhism which accepts that Guru Gobind Singh was the final human guru, and that he passed the guru-ship (so to speak) over to the Adi Granth.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.