Home Forums cafe Welcome to the RE:ONLINE Cafe

This topic contains 102 replies, has 51 voices, and was last updated by  GRowlands 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 91 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Author

Helen88
    Participant

Hello Everyone . I have just joined. I am in the middle of my subject enhancement Course for my PGCE in Religious Education so I will be on and off this for a while.

EveS
    Participant

My name is Eve and I am a secondary RE teacher by training although I left the classroom a few years ago to do an MA in RE at Warwick. I now work with the Derby Open Centre, an educational charity proving multi cultural experiences. I am a member of the Jewish community and teach GCSE RS at my synagogue. I am also the Jewish rep and chair of the denominations and other faiths group of Derby City SACRE.

jimrobinson
    jimrobinson

Welcome to the RE:Online Cafe Eve and hope you find the resources here useful. It would interesting to hear of your experiences in the various fields of RE you are involved with. Jim

Michał Oleksy
    Michał Oleksy
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

My name is Michal. I’m a teacher from Poland. I would like to teach RE or a similar subject one day. I’ve already completed Introduction to World Religions, an online course offered by the Oxford University Department for Continuing Education (that’s where I met Jim — Hi again! :)). Now I’m doing the Teach RE course which I like very much so far. 🙂

amz000
    Participant

Hi I am training to be an RE teacher in September. I saw the example you used in your school teaching about the Gurus and I thought it was an excellent way to get across the 10 gurus and describe all their different qualities. I will be using this when I begin to practice as an Re teacher.

jimrobinson
    jimrobinson

Thanks for sharing this resource. I hope there are others which will be equally helpful and that you may be able to contribute some ideas yourself as you begin as an RE teacher. Jim

Sushma
    Sushma

Great to see people still coming and engaging with us in the cafe during the summmer. There is lots of material to facilitate planning and of course, people in the cafe to talk to. Best wishes, Sushma

ladybird2
    ladybird2
    Participant

Hi,
    I have just read the information about the flipped learning model. I was lucky enough to be part of a pilot scheme whilst working as a cover supervisor rolling out this style of learning. It was really effective when the whole department embraced this approach but found that when departments were not fully on board there was a distinct difference in the progress of the pupils. I will be really interested to see whether this is a model that will be suggested to me during my PGCE at Exeter in September.

Rachel Woods
    Rachel Woods

Thanks for drawing our attention back to the flipped learning model and to your valuable observations about the effect on pupil’s progress when the whole department is behind the model. Keep us posted re the models used in your PGCE and other nuggets that could help others. Wishing you every success with your course.

Texaspete66
    Participant

Hi all, I’m very new to this. I am a teacher but not of RE- yet ! It’s my ambition to do so one day. I did some research into it and have started taking a course via Culham St Gabriels – which is how I got here. This site is endlessly fascinating and packed with a wealth of interesting information and resources. I could spend so much time on it. I very much look forward to returning on a regular basis. I don’t know if I will ever to get to teach RE, but I’m doing my best to prep up for it as and when the opportunity should arise. If nothing else, at the least I’m enriching my knowledge and understanding of this brilliant subject, and hey if I get to meet some nice folk out of it too- well that would be just lovely. regards Pierre 🙂

jimrobinson
    jimrobinson

Welcome to the site Pierre and glad you find it useful. Do ask and contribute to the Cafe if you have any insights or questions. Hope you enjoy the TREC course and get a lot out of it. Jim

Vicky of the North
    Vicky of the North
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m completing the REQM School Evidence Form which requires me to talk about the progress we make in RE in terms of age, ability and prior experience.
    As a comparative, is there somewhere where pupil levels are reported nationally for RE? I know that we’re not asked for our levels.
    If not I will just judge our attainment against Level 2 being the average at Year 2 and Level 4 being the average at Year 6 etc. but a national standard would be interesting.

Thaks,

Vicky

GRowlands
    Participant

Hello,

I am new to this cafe forum, just wondering how i view the replies, so that any comments i make are not just random words that relate to nothing.

Thanks for you help.

Geoff.

Viewing 13 posts - 91 through 103 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.