Home Forums cafe Helping children understand diversity within a religious faith

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  eddie007 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Debs
    Participant

When I am working with my Key Stage two class, I am conscious to say ‘some’ Christians believe or ‘some’ Jewish people think that…etc. I’d be interested to know how you avoid sweeping generalisations about religions/people of faith in your schools and how you make the children aware of diversity within religions. For example, do you talk about the similarities and differences between Catholicism, Church of England, Methodists, Baptists, Salvation Army who would all be identified as Christian?

Amandine
    Participant

I have found with my KS 2 girls that they are slowly moving away from ‘labels’.As to similarities and differences .Wherever possible I draw their attention to them. I find the drip, drip, feed is beginning to assist in them vocalising religion in a more global village way when we discuss different ceremonies or festivals.
    Un certain if this helps you ,or helps your question.

eddie007
    Participant

Sync Settings in Windows 10 It is very necessary that user must have a Microsoft account as the synchronization depends on this process

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.