Home Forums cafe Recommend a Resource

This topic contains 177 replies, has 58 voices, and was last updated by Clare Lloyd Clare Lloyd 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 178 total)
  • Author

james
    Keymaster

We list loads of resources in our learning section – from individual videos, through websites, to lesson plans.

We’re constantly adding to these, but we’re hoping you’ll help us.  If you find anything you really like that you think we should be sharing with others, post it up here and we’ll get it tagged (so it’s easy to find) and add it to our list of Buffet items.

jimrobinson
    jimrobinson

The British Museum is running a course entitled ‘Encountering the sacred in museums’ on Friday 15th March from 10.30-5.00 which features Karen Armstrong as one of it key speakers. It is £33 for the day unless you are a Friend of the Museum in which case it is £28. I am going so let me know if you are too. I hope we will get a chance to see the Holy Thorn Reliquary which is included in an RE:Online Banquet.

EmmaMcV
    EmmaMcV

That sounds fabulous Jim, many thanks for letting us know. The British museum also do a great range of online material.

http://www.britishmuseum.org/learning/schools_and_teachers/resources.aspx

Joanna Grace
    Joanna Grace

The holocaust memorial day trust have a very comprehensive website, their education site has teaching resources for all ages and all abilities, including students in special schools. Their resources are thoughtful, hopeful and forward thinking.

Susan Kambalu
    Susan Kambalu
    Participant

Hope you don’t mind me sharing our CAFOD GCSE resource, Faith in action: cafod.org.uk/faithinaction It’s hopefully handy for those teaching a GCSE Christianity course, eg wealth and poverty/matters of life and death units. (Or for teaching those issues at KS3.) There are videos, teacher notes, a pupil booklet that’s online and could be used for a flipped classroom or homework as well as powerpoints, worksheets and interactive activities such as “Be the programme manager”. I’d obviously be grateful for any feedback from anyone who’s used any of the resources!

We also have a homework page, cafod.org.uk/learninghub, aimed at secondary school pupils. And lots of other resources that I hope will be of help for RE teachers, Geography teachers and others!

Joanna Grace
    Joanna Grace

Thank you for sharing CAFODs resources with us. I’ve visited the page and they look great.

Trevathan
    Trevathan

Hi Everybody

Two resources I want to suggest :

http://www.petersanders.co.uk/

http://re-handbook.org.uk

Regards

Abdullah

Anna Lubelska
    Anna Lubelska
    Participant

Please use the Spiritual England website for loads of ideas and links.

EmmaMcV
    EmmaMcV

I’ve just had explored  the site Anna and it looks very useful – many thanks

Nora_Leonard
    Nora_Leonard
    Participant

Lesley Prior and I worked with BGCI (Botanic Gardens Conservation International) to develop resources aimed at key stage 2 RE teachers. The material is grouped into six thematic sections, and in each section there are two school-based lesson plans and one botanic garden lesson plan. You can find all the resources on the BGCI “Seeds of Unity” resources page.

Joanna Grace
    Joanna Grace

Thank you Lesley, they look beautiful.

Rachel H
    Rachel H
    Participant

I highly recommend 4thought.tv.  There is the website that has great clips and the programme which is on at 7.55pm every night on Channel 4.  If you go on to the website and search themes, you will see a variety of subjects discussed.

Joanna Grace
    Joanna Grace

That’s a great idea, I am always really pleased when I happen to catch one of the 4thought shorts, but head never thought to use them with students before. Knowing you can search would certainly make it a good place to find a discussion starter.

Dave Aldridge
    Dave Aldridge

Can anyone recommend some good online discussions of April Fool’s Day?  Religious responses?  Discussions of religion and humour?

Dave Aldridge
    Dave Aldridge
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.