This forum will be removed on Wednesday 28th February 2018. For any issues regarding this please email contact@reonline.org.uk

Home Forums cafe Research: RE & terrorism

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kawi529 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Angie Quartermaine
    Participant

Dear all,

I am currently conducting some research on pupils’ perceptions of terrorism and am interesting in gathering some more general data on the experiences RE teachers have had with this topic. My research so far has provided some interesting results, but I would also be interested to hear of your experiences with the topic, and any comments/concerns that you may have – or about any resources that you have found particularly useful for your teaching.

Thank you for your help.

All the best,

Angie Quartermaine (WRERU)

Sushma
    Sushma

Dear Angie,

Welcome to the cafe. I’m sure this will have come up for many RE teachers in recent years. In the meantime, we have a thread where teachers have discussed how Islamaphobia after a tragic event has been dealt with in the classroom which you might also like to read through.

http://reonlineorg.wpengine.com/forums/topic/attacks-on-mosques-after-woolwich/

By the way, I have just begun a thread looking at how we can combat negative stereotypes without simply replacing them with positive ones. So any insights you can offer on that thread from your own work would be great!! 🙂

Angie Quartermaine
    Participant

Thanks Sushma, I’ll have a look through the comments and see what has been said! 🙂 x

kawi529
    Participant

It is very great that people can get to know about such information.
    See more

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.