CSTG is offering grants of up to £2000 to fund innovative projects for teachers to work together to provide professional development in RE.
Any project bid needs to seek to:
(a) create connecting, inspiring and energising networks;
(b) promote good practice leading to improvement in leading, teaching and learning, or research in RE;
(c) build RE leadership by developing confidence, expertise and vision.
Bids will be welcome from existing or new groups, including NATRE or other local networks.
Bids will be considered for a range of focused, teacher-led and innovatively designed projects to promote improved subject knowledge, teaching and learning, research, curriculum planning, assessment or leadership expertise such as:
- Organising a local conference
- Developing a series of Teachmeets
- Creating a sustained training programme for new or emerging leaders of RE
- A series of sessions designed to develop teachers’ subject knowledge
- Creating a research hub proving an opportunity for teachers to work together to innovate and share good practice.
- Undertaking a more substantial research project in collaboration with research partners (e.g. university based researchers)
CSTG offers support for anyone looking to make a bid:
- There are a number of case studies available below to prompt ideas.
- Contact other existing networks if you want to seek advice (details of other groups can be found here)
- Ask Mark Chater, Director Culham St Gabriel’s, for advice firstname.lastname@example.org