Call for Sessions/Papers
Real World Research for Real Life Classrooms
18th – 19th October 2024, Online
Could you offer a workshop, seminar or paper at this conference?
This conference convened by Culham St Gabriel’s Trust and supported by the main RE Organisations warmly invites your proposal by 28th March 2024.
All proposals must have a research focus with clear practical application to the classroom.
We are keen to hear from those who have translated research (subject knowledge, pedagogy etc) into the classroom context and/or those who can offer suggestions about how this might be possible for teachers to apply in their own contexts. We welcome proposals from those working in schools, including those who have undertaken research with pupils.
The following types of sessions are welcomed:
- In conversation. A researcher and teacher in conversation, or teacher and teacher in conversation about research, with participants invited to ask questions. You should state clearly in your proposal who will be ‘in conversation’.
- Practical workshop. This type of session would focus on the practical application of a specific piece of research to the classroom i.e. how a piece of research has been translated into the classroom and/or a piece of action research conducted within a classroom/school context. We welcome collaborative workshops where a researcher and teacher work together.
- Talk or Paper. This type of session will present a paper on some recent research with time given to an explanation of practical application to the classroom. At least 10 mins should be allocated to questions.
- Hot Topic Discussion or Panel. You may wish to bring together a small group of researchers/teachers to present their views on a particular research question and open it up for discussion with the participants.
- Other. If you have another session format you would like to propose please explain this clearly on the form. We welcome alternative presentation styles within the 45 mins time allocation.
Important points to note:
- We have a limited number of spaces on our programme and may sadly have to decline some proposals. We will be looking for a balance across different types of presentation and research foci.
- You are welcome to submit as an individual, pair or group.
- All sessions are 45 mins long and will be in Zoom Breakout Rooms.
- Delegates will not be pre allocated to sessions, so we will not be able to notify you in advance of numbers attending your session if your proposal is accepted.
- Sessions are NOT being recorded.
Complete the Call for Sessions Proposal Form
- Please complete all sections of this form
- Please submit your proposal by 28th March 2024
- We aim for you to hear if your proposal has been successful by 30th April 2024
Word Count: Please follow the word count. We may delete content if you go over the limit.
Logo: If your proposal is accepted you will be required to use the RExChange logo on your presentation.
Expenses: The conference is free to attend. All those whose proposals are accepted will be given a small honorarium. If sessions are jointly led, the Trust may ask you to share the honorarium between the session leaders. If your proposal is accepted further details will be provided about how the honorarium will be paid.
You may wish to draft your answers in the word version of the RExChange 2024 session proposal form before filling in the below form.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org